[OpenAFS-win32-devel] trouble connecting with windows client

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:32:24 CT

Hello,

I have 2 OpenAFS servers (running on Linux), they both serve different cells.

Both the cells can be accessed and used by clients that run on Linux work
stations.

I have the windows client running on a windows XP machine, and it doesn't have a
problem connecting to one (the "old") afs server, but does have trouble
connecting to an OpenAFS server we just set up.

I do seem to get a token, and it looks like the drive is mounted, but the client
doesn't seem to find any files on that volume/drive.
(when trying to cd to that drive in  a command prompt window, I get the message
: "The system cannot find the file specified

I get the same message in windows explorer when I try to create a
file/directory. (actually for some reason the only thing I would be able to
create from the popup menu is a directory, but when I do so...I get the same
message as above).

any suggestions, tips, tricks  ?

thanks,

Ron

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |