Re[2]: [OpenAFS-win32-devel] No more feature changes expected before

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:21:30 CT

I downloaded the new release.

1:  after the install my netware client didn't want to work anymore.
2:  can't login to AFS because of an "error 62" incorrect password
    (get that msg on any server)
3:  without having any tokens I am able to access a volume

I don't know..  how valuable this input/info is, since I seem to have a hard
time getting anything windows-AFS to work.

Ron

>We are on track for a Tuesday release of 1.3.70.
>New daily builds have been uploaded to their usual place:
>
>  /afs/athena.mit.edu/user/j/a/jaltman/Public/OpenAFS/
>  \\afs\athena.mit.edu\user\j\a\jaltman\Public\OpenAFS\
>  http://web.mit.edu/~jaltman/Public/OpenAFS/
>
>These builds fix some minor bugs and provide two functional changes
>due to feedback from the one person who I know has looked at the
>recent builds.
>
>   1. the new winlogon logoff event handler will no longer destroy the
>      user's tokens on logoff if the profile was loaded from an AFS
>      volume.  Unfortunately the logoff event is delivered prior to the
>      write back of the profile and there is no way to know how long the
>      write back will take.  It might be seconds or minutes.
>   2. A late contribution of SMB/CIFS Remote Administration Protocol
>      code has been incorporated.  For those who are unfamiliar, RAP
>      provides SMB clients the ability to enumerate the shares exported
>      by an SMB server and obtain extended information about the server
>      and its shares.  This protocol is used extensively by the Windows
>      Explorer and without support for RAP the Explorer performs quite
>      poorly when accessing AFS volumes via UNC paths.
>
>I strongly encourage everyone to test today's builds in their
>environments and think hard about their upgrade plans.  The release is
>on Tuesday unless something major turns up in the next couple of days.
>
>Jeffrey Altman

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |