[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Access denied after 20 minutes or so

Joshua Mann joshuamann.2007@yahoo.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:20:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

We're using OpenAFS v 1.5.13 w/ MIT Krb5 V 3.1 for
Windows XP. After obtaining a krb5 ticket & a token
via the afscred or the NID gui, we get access to our
afs shares. But this lasts for less than an hour {this
time appears to be random) at which time we get
"access denied" connecting to AFS drives or "share not
found" when connecting to UNC shortcuts.  In order to
recover from this situation, we have to 1) destroy the
afs token via NID or unlog.exe or destroy all tickets,
2) click on the AFS drives or shortcuts, and 3) then
obtain new tickets.  This will give us temporary
access to AFS until it breaks again in less than
another hour.  Has anyone seen this behavior?

We also tried using OpenAFS v 1.4.2 with the same
results.

OpenAFS for Windows works fine with krb4.

We noticed when we do a Properites listing of the afs
ticket in NID that the "Client Principle" is formated
"user@company.com@company.com" which seems peculiar.
Is this normal?

Regards,
Joshua M.