[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Windows Non-Interactive Logons (aka Scheduled Tasks) and AFS

Rodney M. Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:17:37 -0400

At 06:34 PM 3/28/2007, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>Is anyone going to be upset if I disable integrated logon support for
>non-interactive logon sessions such as those produced by "Scheduled Tasks"?

Hmm, my only comment is that when when I'm logged on as a normal
unprivileged user and the "runas" command is used to start a console for
the admin such as...

      runas /noprofile /user:%computername%\administrator cmd.exe

...the krbcc32s.exe process continues to remain running even after the
console is exited.  Over time, this will build up many krbcc32s.exe
processes.  I must kill the krbcc32s.exe process before I exit the runas
console which is annoying.

I assume this is the phenomenon (or a similar one) that you are referring to.

I just assumed that krbcc32s.exe didn't have a built in feature to monitor
its parent process and die when the parent died.

Rodney