[OpenAFS-win32-devel] afs/powershell tools

Robbie Foust rfoust@duke.edu
Thu, 31 May 2007 10:00:23 -0400

--Apple-Mail-44-449361093

Hi Jeffrey,

I'm certainly interested.  I'll have to take a look at the code and
see if the learning curve is managable though. ;-)  I'm open to any
suggestions or advice too on how to get started.

Thanks,

- Robbie

On May 30, 2007, at 10:43 PM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Robbie:
>
> There is a portable admin library already implemented in C.  The only
> problem is that it is not thread safe.  Once it is made thread safe it
> could be wrapped by a COM interface to make it available via WMI.  Is
> that something you would be interested in working on?
>
> Jeffrey Altman
> Secure Endpoints Inc.
>
> Robbie Foust wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was thinking of a project that I could contribute to and hopefully
>> improve my programming skills as I go, and OpenAFS for Windows
>> came to
>> mind.  I was looking over the roadmap here:
>> http://www.secure-endpoints.com/openafs-windows-roadmap.html and
>> realized that there was no mention of Powershell.  I was wondering
>> what
>> the developers think of building the new GUI interfaces along with
>> Powershell command line tools (powershell is pretty much the greatest
>> thing since WMI for windows admins).  I plan on experimenting with C#
>> but am open to anything.
>>
>> Anyway, feel free to contact me if I can assist.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> - Robbie

--Apple-Mail-44-449361093
	name=PGP.sig