[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Windows client in Terminal server/Citrix

Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:44:42 -0500

Robin Manke-Cassidy wrote:
> Jeff, I have been a users and configuration support for AFS @ ASU for many years.
>
> What I mean by client quitting is the service seems to just stop functioning or I guess could be locked up.  We have to restart the AFS client service to get it back on line.  But there does not seem to be any rhythm or reason to it.
>
> I will double check the release notes.  It is not that it does not work it just seems to be a volume problem.  Do you know of anyone using the Windows client in a similar way?

There are many organizations using the AFS client service with Terminal
Service and / or Citrix.

If the service is stopping, then there will be a crash dump or log
messages providing a hint as to why.  See the release notes.

If the service is deadlocking, the release notes will explain how to
take a minidump for analysis.

If the problem is a particular volume that is not responding, then
the release notes explain how to use "fs trace" to collect information
related to the volume access.

> I will post to the other list as well.
>
> We have had people go to the workshop in the past.  I will check through the notes there as well.
>
> One more question, do you know of anyone with a really user friendly interface to AFS through the web?

Windows questions can stay here.   Web interface questions to the other
list.   Web interface talks were at the previous workshops.