[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Windows client in Terminal server/Citrix

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:32:36 -0600

Robin Manke-Cassidy <Robin.Manke@asu.edu> wrote:
> Jeff, I have been a users and configuration support for AFS @ ASU for
> many years.
>
> What I mean by client quitting is the service seems to just stop
> functioning or I guess could be locked up.  We have to restart the
> AFS client service to get it back on line.  But there does not seem
> to be any rhythm or reason to it.

I too have had this problem on Windows Terminal Servers, but have not
been able to track it down and it is almost always more important to get
the service working again than to find the problem.  And I have been
unable to reproduce the problem on my test systems.

I/O will just stop working into or out of AFS during file transfers and
there is little or no network traffic leaving the computer.  Only
restarting the afs client service seems to fix the problem.

What AFS version are you running?  I'm sure that trying the newest
version will likely be an improvement.

<<CDC