[OpenAFS-win32-devel] The native Windows client

Arthur Prokosch arthurp@csail.mit.edu
Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:06:37 -0500

>From this list's archives, jaltman said, Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:52:15 +0100:

> I warn against using clients built from this code in production
> environments as it will lead to data corruption and system panics.
> A revised afs redirector implementation will be submitted to OpenAFS
> via gerrit.openafs.org once the master branch is open for major new
> contributions.  See the OpenAfS road map timelines on
> www.openafs.org/roadmap.html.

That roadmap does describe the major components of a redirector and
their allocation into forthcoming 1.7 and 1.8 branches, but the actual
timelines on that page appear significantly out of date.

Under section 1, "Native file system driver interface (aka IFS):", I
see "Estimate: December 2009".  Under Implementation / version 1.7, I
see "July 2010."

Are any more up-to-date timelines available?  If this isn't the right
forum to ask that question, where should it be asked?

Are there things I can do to speed up the release of 1.7 and 1.8?

Thanks much,
arthur prokosch.