[OpenAFS-win32-devel] The native Windows client

Thu, 02 Dec 2010 16:42:10 -0500

--------------enig9D23B1D85F80EF6331F31898

On 12/2/2010 3:06 PM, Arthur Prokosch wrote:
> From this list's archives, jaltman said, Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:52:15 +010=
0:
>=20
>> I warn against using clients built from this code in production
>> environments as it will lead to data corruption and system panics.
>> A revised afs redirector implementation will be submitted to OpenAFS
>> via gerrit.openafs.org once the master branch is open for major new
>> contributions.  See the OpenAfS road map timelines on
>> www.openafs.org/roadmap.html.
>=20
> That roadmap does describe the major components of a redirector and
> their allocation into forthcoming 1.7 and 1.8 branches, but the actual
> timelines on that page appear significantly out of date. =20
>=20
> Under section 1, "Native file system driver interface (aka IFS):", I
> see "Estimate: December 2009".  Under Implementation / version 1.7, I
> see "July 2010."
>=20
> Are any more up-to-date timelines available?  If this isn't the right
> forum to ask that question, where should it be asked?
>=20
> Are there things I can do to speed up the release of 1.7 and 1.8?
>=20
> Thanks much,
> arthur prokosch.

The right place to ask would be openafs-devel@openafs.org because
cutting the 1.7 branch is dependent on the release of 1.6 and 1.6 is
still blocked on non-Windows related issues.

As for a current estimate.  If 1.6.0 was released tomorrow, the process
of accepting the changes for 1.7.0 could begin approximately a week later=
=2E

Jeffrey Altman