[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Current 32-bit builds

Mickey Lane mlane@sinenomine.net
Tue, 4 Jan 2011 07:01:25 -0600

I have a problem building the 32-bit Windows client. I am using an unmodifi=
ed clone of the code in openafs.org git. The same error occurs in any 32-bi=
t environment I've tried it in - XP, Win 7, VS 2005, 2008. I'm pretty sure =
this error does not occur on 64-bit builds.

The compile error is:

afsfuncs.c
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\sys/stat.inl(44) : er=
ror C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\sys/stat.inl(49) : er=
ror C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0

I believe this is related to a change involving 'struct stat' made somewher=
e around the 18th of Nov. A large number of files were modified to include =
roken.h among other things. The error occurs during the inclusion of dynimp=
ort.h which has been present for some time.

Did the selection or order of include files and/or directories change? (i.e=
. some part of the equation not indicated by the contents of git)

I assume the 32-bit code builds successfully elsewhere.

Regards,
Mickey.