[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Current 32-bit builds

Tue, 04 Jan 2011 10:56:37 -0500

--------------enig9E20C63EC8C3BA0E96E3FAAB

On 1/4/2011 8:01 AM, Mickey Lane wrote:
> I have a problem building the 32-bit Windows client. I am using an unmo=
dified clone of the code in openafs.org git. The same error occurs in any=
 32-bit environment I've tried it in - XP, Win 7, VS 2005, 2008. I'm pret=
ty sure this error does not occur on 64-bit builds.

I'm going to assume you are referring to the 'master' branch but it
would be better if you would specify it as such.

> The compile error is:
>=20
> afsfuncs.c
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\sys/stat.inl(44) =
: error C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\sys/stat.inl(49) =
: error C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0

> I believe this is related to a change involving 'struct stat' made some=
where around the 18th of Nov. A large number of files were modified to in=
clude roken.h among other things. The error occurs during the inclusion o=
f dynimport.h which has been present for some time.
>=20
> Did the selection or order of include files and/or directories change? =
(i.e. some part of the equation not indicated by the contents of git)
>=20
> I assume the 32-bit code builds successfully elsewhere.

If you built the 32-bit tree with Visual Studio .NET 2003 it would have
built fine.  The issue is an ordering problem between the inclusion of
roken.h in all of the source files and the definition of
_USE_32BIT_TIME_T in afscred.h.  VS 2005 introduced the standard use of
64-bit time_t for 32-bit builds which is incompatible with the Kerberos
headers.

This is fixed by http://gerrit.openafs.org/3616

Jeffrey Altman