[OpenAFS-win32-devel] some questions about OpenAFS client on windows

Wed, 05 Dec 2012 11:25:55 -0500

--------------enigEACDBF470288C5D2D1137CE6

These questions would be better asked on openafs-info@openafs.org.

They are not questions related to programming of the Windows OpenAFS clie=
nt.

Answers:

 1. There is no theoretical limit on 64-bit Windows when persistent
    caching is enabled.   Non-persistent caching with the afs redirector
    requires locking memory so it cannot be paged.  As a result there
    is a limit of 10% of the system memory.

 2. There is no answer to this question.  It depends upon the workload
    the clients are placing on the server and the capabilities of the
    server, the network, and more.

 3. You should not be using 'klog' or 'kaserver'.  If you have Active
    Directory then you have a Kerberos 5 realm and you should be using
    that for authentication; not kaserver.

    Beyond that I'm not sure what question you are attempting to ask

Please send future questions to openafs-info@openafs.org.