[OpenAFS-port-darwin] OpenAFS vs. cddafs, msdosfs, and webdav_fs

Shantonu Sen ssen@mit.edu
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 08:29:11 -0700

I recommend upgrading to Mac OS X 10.0.3 and installing OpenAFS 1.0.4.

> file://localhost/System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext/ is not a valid
> kernel e
> xtension bundle.
>
> file://localhost/System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext/ is not a valid
> kernel e
> xtension bundle.
>
> file://localhost/System/Library/Extensions/webdav_fs.kext/ is not a valid
> kernel
>  extension bundle.
>
> file://localhost/System/Library/Extensions/webdav_fs.kext/ is not a valid
> kernel
>  extension bundle.

These errors are normal. Ignore them.

> cddafs: cddafs not available

This error is not. I had a friend experience the same thing, and at the
time, we didn't link this to OpenAFS at all. I'll start looking into this.

> A co-worker here reports similar messages regarding the msdosfs and
> webdav_fs kernel extensions even without using audio CDs.

Yeah, you'll see it when mounting disk images too.

Shantonu