[OpenAFS-port-darwin] OpenAFS vs. cddafs, msdosfs, and webdav_fs

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:28:11 -0400

Hi.

I joined this list because I noticed the same problem with
music CD's after I installed MacOS 10.  (this message is a
followup to a recent message on this list, except that I'm
reading the message via the web browser, instead of my
email client)

Shantonu Sen  ssen@mit.edu  wrote:
>  I recommend upgrading to Mac OS X 10.0.3 and installing
>  OpenAFS 1.0.4.

In my case, I am running MacOS 10.0.3.  I just recently
installed OpenAFS, like just last weekend, so I assume I
am running version 1.0.4.  However, I can't see any way
to tell what version of openafs I am running.

How does one tell which version of openafs is installed
under MacOS 10?

>  > cddafs: cddafs not available
>
>  This error is not. I had a friend experience the same
>  thing, and at the time, we didn't link this to OpenAFS
>  at all. I'll start looking into this.

Since I had just installed OpenAFS, it was easy to guess
that openafs might have been the culprit when iTunes was
not able to load music CD's anymore.

What I did was I first rebooted with openafs still
"starting up", but tried to use a music CD before making
any reference to /afs.  The music CD still failed.

I then changed things so openafs did not load at boot-up
time.  This got Music CD's working for me once again.