[OpenAFS-port-darwin] configuring openafs under MacOS 10

Shantonu Sen ssen@mit.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:59:44 -0700

> I would do something along these lines.  Have a configuration
> setting which says *which* cells should be added at system
> startup, and then something else which can be used to parse
> the "CellServDB.full" file and execute 'fs newcell' commands
> to bring up cells on the fly as the user requests them.

So cells could be marked as boot-time-active or not, and those cells would
get written out to CellServDB. Additionally, cells can be activated
dynamically, but they wouldn't be started on next boot?

This seems reasonable. Would we use another file to track this? I don't
like the thought of checking each cell to see if it has been activated, so
I'd prefer the have the info written to a file.

Shantonu