[OpenAFS-port-darwin] New to the list.

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v+@andrew.cmu.edu
Thu, 24 May 2001 17:27:50 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from internet.computing.openafs.port-darwin: 24-May-101
[OpenAFS-port-darwin] New t.. by centuri@mac.com
> I tried the OSX OpenAFS installer hoping it would work on OSXS2.0, but
> it hangs when "Optimizing System" and I have not yet been able to see
> any cells.
What does "you can't see any cells" mean?

also:
1) There was a bug in the packaging script that caused the installer to
hang on some systems. The copy of the .pkg at openafs.org was fixed 2
days ago.

2) have you rebooted since the install? You didn't say that you did....

If you have, and it still doesn't work, try the following in a terminal,
as root (send the output back here or to me...)

# ls -ld /afs
# ls -ld /Network/afs
# kmodstat | grep afs
# df /Network/afs

if the kmodstat line produces no output, try running
/System/Library/StartupItems/OpenAFS/OpenAFS and including it's output
too, (and whether or not afs works now)