[OpenAFS-port-darwin] New to the list.

Joseph Jackson jackson@CMU.EDU
Thu, 24 May 2001 10:43:50 -0700

The OpenAFS code relies on a kernel extension to implement the new file
system type. Kernel code is *very* sensitive to the specific OS version
that you're running. We've had to do a lot of work to keep OpenAFS working
across the developer preview releases of Mac OS X, for example. The server
release should be very similar to what was shipped on March 24th, but maybe
a small change impacted AFS.

I'm going to start working on Mac OS X Server soon, so let me try to run
the client there myself. If you don't hear from me within a week, send
another message and we'll compare notes.

Joe Jackson,
Carnegie Mellon University.