[OpenAFS-port-darwin] New to the list.

centuri@mac.com centuri@mac.com
Thu, 24 May 2001 22:35:39 -0500

Good day all,
I'm working on a project at my University that involves setting up a
MacOSX Server 2.0 box with our local campus net using NIS and AFS for
login and home directories respectively.

I tried the OSX OpenAFS installer hoping it would work on OSXS2.0, but
it hangs when "Optimizing System" and I have not yet been able to see
any cells.

Since I'm not very familiar with AFS, I'm not sure if it's a problem
with the install itself or because I don't have it configured
correctly.  I've added CellServDB and ThisCell from one of the Unix
boxes to /private/var/db/openafs/etc/   and I've created an afsd.options
file in /private/var/db/openafs/etc/config/ as was recommended by the
installer.

I have also placed copies of the CellServDB and ThisCell files in the
/Library/OpenAFS/Tools/root.client/usr/vice/etc directory.

Did I miss a step, is the some difference between OSX and OSXS2.0 that's
confusing the installer (there were a lot of bind errors, but I've seen
lots of installs work just fine even with a page worth of bind errors)?

Any help would be appreciated,
Robert Phelan