[OpenAFS-port-darwin] OSXServer Problem solved

Robert Phelan centuri@mac.com
Thu, 24 May 2001 16:43:58 -0500

I had sent this out earlier, but it seems to have gotten munched somewhere
along the line:

This case was a good example of why you should try to be awake while
working.  In /var/db/openafs/etc/config/afsd.options I had displaced the A
and the E in dAEmon.  Can't believe I spent 2 hours trying to figure that
one out.  I switched them and everything came alive the way it should, so
it would seem that the current pkg installer is compatable with OSX Server
2.0 after all.  Also, after a reinstall of the server software, the openafs
installer stopped hanging on Optimizing System Performace, so that's a go
as well.

Thanks a lot to those who replied, if I hadn't finally caught that, I
wasn't sure what I was going to do.  Now the next step is to get kerberos
working and then maybe, that combined with NIS and the now working OpenAFS
client, I'll be able to log into this OSX machine like I would any other
Unix box on campus.

Thanks again.
Robert