[OpenAFS-port-darwin] access right problem from Finder

Michael Endler Endler@ipp.mpg.de
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:23:39 +0200

I installed OpenAFS on a MAC OS 10.1.5 system and the access to my
afs cell works as expected from the Terminal (either Apple's terminal
window or XDarwin), i. e., I have "user" access rights to all my
files as from any other Unix system. However, from the Finder or from
any program using the graphical interface to open/save files, I have
only the access rights of "others" to my files.

I didn't find any remark on this in the discussion group. Is this a
natural behaviour or is it unusual or am I doing something wrong?

Michael.