[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Kernel panics with OpenAFS and Mac OS X 10.2

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:11:40 -0400

--On Friday, August 16, 2002 12:37:04 -0700 Alexei Kosut
<akosut@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Immediately after displaying the file, I get a kernel panic with the
> message "ubc_rele: ui_refcount".  My guess is that listing a large
> enough directory causes something to be disrupted such that a file
> being closed can trigger the panic.

We've seen this too, and I've been working on it a bit (but mac stuff isn't
high-priority for me), but I have not figured out what changed that's
causing it, or what afs is doing incorrectly.

It does *not* seem to be related to directory access, but to a problem
relating to the initialization of ubc when plain files are opened.