[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Server on MAC

Valerio Luccio valerio@cns.nyu.edu
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:27:16 -0400

Hi,
I'm new to AFS and to Mac. I'm trying to install an AFS server on a Mac
OS X and I'm stumped.

Unfortunately in the AFS docs there are no instructions for Mac so I'm
trying to see if I can "adapt" the instructions from other OSs, but I
haven't been too successfull.

My first question is: how do I tell the bossever which is the AFS
partition I want to "export" ? Under linux the AFS partitions are named
/vicepxx, but under the Mac the partitions are created by default under
/Volumes. Should the AFS partition be /Volumes/vicepxx ?

Next problem. I tried to use the "bos setcellname" command, but I get
the message "could not find entry (can't find cell '<default>' in cell
databse). What does it mean ? Also should the server name and cell name
be the full name of my machine (e.g., "goofy.cns.nyu.edu") ?

Thanks,

--
Valerio Luccio
Center For Neural Science

	"In an open world, who needs windows or gates?"