[OpenAFS-port-darwin] AFS as OS X home directory

Steve Lidie sol0@Lehigh.EDU
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:05:19 -0500

Apologies is this is off-topic. I have AFS running on OS X 10.2.2, with
MIT krb authentication to our AFS servers and directory access to our
LDAP server for user home directory information.  This works great, and
any AFS user can login in a manner identical to our AIX and IRIX
workstations.  I have 2 problems, one is a show-stopper.

Any OS X file dialog wants to show a directory tree of all mounted
volumes, so showing our AFS home space with 10K+ users takes several
minutes.  Is there a way to customize OS X to not do this, or perhaps
start the display at the current working directory?

Second, I have no AFS token after login.  Is there a clean solution to
this?  Assuming the file dialog problem could be "fixed", forcing the
user to klog would be okay.

Many thanks,

Steve