[OpenAFS-port-darwin] AFS as OS X home directory

Ragnar Sundblad ragge@nada.kth.se
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 23:37:22 +0100

--On den 3 december 2002 16:20 -0600 Matt Elliott <melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
wrote:

> Our user directory is up to 5500 entries.  A few more years and we may
> reach 10k.  I'd say it probably isn't that uncommon.

I meant having all the users flat in one directory, not sure
what you mean. Maybe it isn't uncommon, if so there is even
more reason to try to fix it. I guess it is an unpleasent
experience even with ls -F and everything else that stats.

We have some 22K users, but not more than a few hundred in each
/home/X-directory. Others use more levels of directories.

/ragge