[OpenAFS-port-darwin] pioctl failed?

Aaron Rosenblum arosenbl@mac.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 00:55:17 -0500

Hey all,

Tonight I finally tried to get OpenAFS running on my MacOS 10.1.2 box.
I installed the package for 10.1 from the OpenAFS.org site and took the
krb5.conf file CellServDB and ThisCell files from another UNIX box that
is known to work in my Cell.  I can get kerberos tickets using the KfM
GUI app and kinit commands.  I put the line:

  -memcache -blocks 48000 -daemons 3 -volumes 70 -nosettime -rootvol
user.arosenbl

in my /var/db/openafs/etc/config/afsd.options file as was recommended by
other users at my site.  However, when I issue the klog command I get
this error:

[localhost:openafs/etc/config] arosenbl% klog
Password:
Unable to authenticate to AFS because a pioctl failed.

I have changed my local UID to be my viceID and chowned all of my local
files.  Anyone know what this means and why it might be doing this?

thanks

Aaron