[OpenAFS-port-darwin] pioctl failed?

Aaron Rosenblum arosenbl@mac.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:35:43 -0500

Thanks to you all, I got it working.  It turned out that the startup
script was messed up for some reason.  You guys were right, AFS was not
I changed my local UID to my viceID, I was told that for me to be able
to edit the files in my AFS space that are owned by me, I must use my
viceID as my local UID because the finder doesn't quite understand what
is going on in AFS land.  My ID on the campus machines is not 501 like
it is by default on my MacOS X machine.  If there is a better solution
to this, please let me know!

thanks again

Aaron Rosenblum
University of Michigan