[OpenAFS-port-darwin] afs and the macosX file system

Gene Van Buren gene@bnl.gov
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:24:25 -0500

I have OS X 10.2.2 running with OpenAFS 1.2.7, and now it appears
that whenever I lose my network connection, my computer hangs
(infinite spinning rainbow cursor).

The last thing in my system log file is always something like:

Nov 18 12:02:29 MMMM mach_kernel: afs: Lost contact with volume location
server AAAA in cell CCCC

where MMMM is my machine name, AAAA is the IP address of any one of
three
local AFS servers, and CCCC is the name of the AFS cell I'm in. The
only solution
is to reboot. If I reboot normally, then my computer hangs before the
Finder loads,
with the same error as above. To get out of this loop, I have to boot
into single
user mode (command-S), and move the OpenAFS startup stuff out of my
/Library/StartupItems directory.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening????

Thanks for any help,
-Gene Van Buren