[OpenAFS-port-darwin] 1.2.7 and Jaguar 10.2.1 Questions

Aaron Rosenblum arosenbl@mac.com
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 20:11:07 -0400

Hey all,

I just installed OpenAFS 10.2.1 on Jaguar 10.2.1 from the pkg
installer.  Everything seems to be working fine.  I noticed a few
differences between this version and the other OpenAFS version that I
have installed in the past.  First, in addition to 'CellServDB' there
also exists both CellServDB.master and CellServDB.master.last.  Can
anyone tell me the significance of these files?  Do I need to do
something with them if I want to replace the default CellServDB with
one that contains more of our local cells? Also, I noticed the absence
of the aklog program.  I downloaded the binary from
http://web.mit.edu/openafs/ and put it in /Library/OpenAFS/Tools/bin/ .
  Running the aklog command gives me this output:

aklog: Couldn't get umich.edu AFS tickets: Don't have Kerberos
ticket-granting ticket

but klist gives me this output (I have my machine to get tickets upon
login):

Kerberos 5 ticket cache: 'API:Initial default ccache'
Default Principal: arosenbl@UMICH.EDU
Valid Starting     Expires            Service Principal
10/03/02 19:47:26  10/04/02 05:47:10  krbtgt/UMICH.EDU@UMICH.EDU
10/03/02 19:49:52  10/04/02 05:47:10
imap/tremors.imap.itd.umich.edu@UMICH.EDU

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: 'Initial default ccache'
Issued             Expires            Service Principal
10/03/02 19:47:26  10/04/02 05:47:26  krbtgt.UMICH.EDU@UMICH.EDU

I know aklog works with KfM and my site, I have used it with arla in
the past.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Aaron