[OpenAFS-port-darwin] 1.2.7 and Jaguar 10.2.1 Questions

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 21:18:11 -0400

--On Thursday, October 03, 2002 20:11:07 -0400 Aaron Rosenblum
<arosenbl@mac.com> wrote:

> past.  First, in addition to 'CellServDB' there also exists both
> CellServDB.master and CellServDB.master.last.  Can anyone tell me the
> significance of these files?
Previous openafs packages included a CellServDB that would always be
installed. Some people objected to this, and requested that local changes
to CellServDB be preserved. The extra CellServDB files exist so that the
scripts can properly merge user CellServDB updates and updates included in
future revisions of the package. You don't need to do anything with the
extra files. You should really leave them alone if at all possible.

if you want to add local cells, just insert them into the normal CellServDB.

> Also, I noticed the absence of the aklog program.  I
Openafs packages for macos have never included an aklog binary.

Your aklog error sounds like a problem determining the correct kerberos
realm to get tickets from, which usually indicates an incomplete krb.realms
file (or [domain_realm] section in krb5.conf aka
/Library/Preferences/edu.mit.Kerberos

Try
aklog umich.edu -k UMICH.EDU