[OpenAFS-port-darwin] aklog/afslog at console login and Mac OS 10.2

Joseph Jackson jackson@CMU.EDU
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:22:24 -0400

--On 9/30/02 1:58 PM -0700 Alexei Kosut <akosut@stanford.edu> wrote:

> I think that loginwindow authentication is pluggable only with
> Security Agent plugins.  I suppose you could write such a plugin that
> did PAM, but the API here looks even harder to reverse-engineer than
> most private Apple APIs (it appears to be C++).

That was also my understanding after attending Apple's developer conference
in May. Loginwindow doesn't have any direct connection to PAM. All the BSD
type stuff does go through PAM (sshd, ftpd, etc.) but Loginwindow has
separate keys in /etc/authorization.

Joe Jackson,
Carnegie Mellon University.