[OpenAFS-port-darwin] aklog/afslog at console login and Mac OS 10.2

Alexei Kosut akosut@stanford.edu
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:58:41 -0700

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 04:23:01PM -0400, David Botsch wrote:
> What I have failed to get working, however, is the loginwindow auth via
> pam.

I'm not sure that this is possible.  It's possible to do SecurityAgent
authentication from PAM-enabled programs (with pam_securityserver.so),
but I've found no indication that there's a way to do the reverse.
Certainly none of the usual suspects (loginwindow, SecurityServer,
SecurityAgent, etc...) link against the PAM libraries.

I think that loginwindow authentication is pluggable only with
Security Agent plugins.  I suppose you could write such a plugin that
did PAM, but the API here looks even harder to reverse-engineer than
most private Apple APIs (it appears to be C++).

--
Alexei Kosut <akosut@cs.stanford.edu> <http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~akosut/>