[OpenAFS-port-darwin] aklog/afslog at console login and Mac OS 10.2

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:07:13 -0400

If true, it makes you wonder what the point of having pam is ... just
to make things like sshd happy? Maybe I misunderstood what Apple was
saying about including pam and about replacing the apis in place with
the login authenticators in 10.1 (but I'm not the only one with the
impression that loginwindow would use pam, allowing us to just plugin
whatever type of auth we needed).

Is this type of authentication .. pam to security server .. why we have
a "system.login.pam" key in /etc/authorization ?

The next obvious question would be, then, what about replacing the
loginwindow with something like gdm, that works with pam, but having it
still start the normal OS X GUI isntead of XWindows?

--
David William Botsch