[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Disk Arbitration and OpenAFS

Jonathan Z. Simon jzsimon@glue.umd.edu
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:54:59 -0400

On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 11:49  PM, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 06:57:56PM -0400, John C. Welch wrote:
>> On 04/14/2003 15:56, "Alexei Kosut" <akosut@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> One way to fix this is to make sure DiskArb knows about AFS before it
>>> notices it on its own.  I believe if you put "diskutil -r" in the
>>> OpenAFS StartupItems script (it needs to be done after AFS is
>>> mounted,
>>> but before the Finder launches), it may help.
>>
>> Can this be the last line in the script or should it be somewhere
>> else in
>> the script?
>
> The last line should work, assuming I'm remembering the disktool
> option correctly :)

Do you mean "disktool -r" instead of "diskutil -r"? The help for
disktool, under -r, says:

Refresh Disk Arbitration.  Causes arbitration to refresh its internal
tables and look for new mounts/unmounts.

but diskutil doesn't mention any switch options.

--
Jonathan Z. Simon
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering / Dept. of Biology