[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Disk Arbitration and OpenAFS

Alexei Kosut akosut@cs.stanford.edu
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:49:41 -0700

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 06:57:56PM -0400, John C. Welch wrote:
> On 04/14/2003 15:56, "Alexei Kosut" <akosut@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
>
> > One way to fix this is to make sure DiskArb knows about AFS before it
> > notices it on its own.  I believe if you put "diskutil -r" in the
> > OpenAFS StartupItems script (it needs to be done after AFS is mounted,
> > but before the Finder launches), it may help.
>
> Can this be the last line in the script or should it be somewhere else in
> the script?

The last line should work, assuming I'm remembering the disktool
option correctly :)

> > My Mac OS X integration patches
> > (http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~akosut/macosx/openafs/) will make afsd
> > register with DiskArb when it mounts /afs.  I've found that this
> > most of the problems like the one you've noted.
>
> Do you have a howto on applying the patches to the 1.2.8 source?

Unfortunately, no.  I have patches that apply cleanly to 1.2.7 and
patches that apply cleanly to 1.2.9, but not ones for 1.2.8.  I think
the patches that are there on the Web site will work for 1.2.7 with a
little bit of manual patching.  It shouldn't be that difficult.

--
Alexei Kosut <akosut@cs.stanford.edu> <http://cs.stanford.edu/~akosut/>