[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Performance/misconfiguration?

Matt Elliott melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:07:27 -0500

At 2:44 PM -0500 8/28/03, Nicholas Riley wrote:
>Is OpenAFS really this CPU-intensive and slow on Mac OS X, or is
>something misconfigured?

If you change you cache to the size of the largest fine you are going to
copy you will notice a huge performance increase.  I have mine set to 2 gig
since I can't put a file larger than that in afs.  Copies are much faster.
I believe this problem exists on all system types so I'm not sure why you
haven't noticed in on other platforms either.
--

Matt Elliott			Production Systems Infrastructure
217-265-0257			<mailto:melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu>