[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Performance/misconfiguration?

Noah B F Abrahamson noah@abrahamson.ca
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:40:10 -0400

On Thursday, Aug 28, 2003, at 16:07 America/Detroit, Matt Elliott wrote:

> At 2:44 PM -0500 8/28/03, Nicholas Riley wrote:
>> Is OpenAFS really this CPU-intensive and slow on Mac OS X, or is
>> something misconfigured?
>
> If you change you cache to the size of the largest fine you are going
> copy you will notice a huge performance increase.  I have mine set to
> 2 gig
> since I can't put a file larger than that in afs.

Is "cache" the same as the memcache setting?  That setting is
deprecated with the latest release, isn't it?  Also, I'm not sure about
this either -- so forgive me if this is out of whack, but cache
(memcache?) have the function of taking into RAM data that will be
streamed to the AFS cell?  That is, file transfers are first spooled
from disk to RAM then to network?

Noah

Noah B F Abrahamson
Mac OS X System Administrator