[OpenAFS-port-darwin] NIS accounts and LoginWindow PlugIn

Joseph Jackson jackson@CMU.EDU
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:53:58 -0400

The "lookupd -d" command may be useful here. Use the command "UserWithName"
for a few usernames and see what's different about the NIS users. From the
error messages, it sounds like the numeric user-id is missing, but that
would be hard to believe.

If you haven't seen this web site, it might be helpful to you:
<http://www.bresink.de/osx/nis.html>

You can also post a message on the discussion forums hosted at
<http://macosxlabs.org/>. I believe there are a few admins who use NIS
registered there.

Joe Jackson,
Carnegie Mellon University.

--On Wednesday, July 16, 2003 11:02 AM +0200 Eric Knauel