[OpenAFS-port-darwin] new Openafs1.2.9 package

Alexei Kosut akosut@cs.stanford.edu
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:07:47 -0500

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 04:50  PM, Jonathan Z. Simon wrote:
> I got Alexei's mount_afs and built it, but I can't figure out how to
> use it syntactically. Can someone give me an example or two? Then I
> can add -nomount to afsd in the openafs startup script for my > laptop...

Jonathan,

You use it like any other mount command (see the mount(8) man page for
details), giving the volume name (in the local cell) as the "device".
So, for example, if I wanted to mount my home directory onto
/Volumes/akosut, I might type something like this:

% mkdir /Volumes/akosut # make sure the directory exists
% mount_afs user.akosut /Volumes/akosut

If you want to mount all of AFS (as would normally be mounted by afsd
on /afs), you can pass the empty string ("") as the volume name.

--
Alexei Kosut <akosut@cs.stanford.edu> <http://cs.stanford.edu/~akosut/>