[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Mount_afs question

Alexei Kosut akosut@cs.stanford.edu
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:26:44 -0700

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 10:54:17AM -0400, Jonathan Z. Simon wrote:
> I do have mild, probably unrelated, problems. If I mount both /afs and
> /Volumes/jzsimon-afs, then when I cd to my afs home directory, pwd no
> longer works (though it works fine if only one or the other is mounted).

Can you expand on "no longer works"?  What happens when you run pwd?

This is almost probably caused by the vnode cache not knowing about
the possibility of multiple mountpoints; when a volume is accessible
through more than one mountpoint, it can return a cached vnode from
either one.  I thought I had fixed all the cases where this could
occur to correct the vnode structure with the appropriate v_mount
pointer, but obviously I missed one or two.

I'll look at this when I have a chance, but that probably won't be for
a few weeks.  I'm moving at the moment, and don't have access to my
Mac.

--
Alexei Kosut <akosut@cs.stanford.edu> <http://cs.stanford.edu/~akosut/>