[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Mount_afs question

Jonathan Z. Simon jzsimon@eng.umd.edu
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:54:17 -0400

John,

If you've played around with mount_afs enough, especially with sudo,
while struggling to get it to work, I'd reboot first and see if that
helps.

I don't have your "/" problem. This is literally the line I use from a
tcsh script to mount my home directory:

set mntpt = /Volumes/$user-afs; mkdir $mntpt; mount_afs h.isr.$user
$mntpt

Since my username is jzsimon, I get an afs volume mounted with the name
jzsimon-afs.

I do have mild, probably unrelated, problems. If I mount both /afs and
/Volumes/jzsimon-afs, then when I cd to my afs home directory, pwd no
longer works (though it works fine if only one or the other is mounted).

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Z. Simon
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering / Dept. of Biology