[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Many crashes on OS X 10.3

Nicholas Riley njriley@uiuc.edu
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 16:35:54 -0600

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 05:25:48PM -0500, Steve Lidie wrote:
> 1) where does one find "panic information", as you detailed?

/Library/Logs/panic.log.  You may find this tech note useful:

<http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2063.html>

> 2) my (2nd) G5 was also crashing rather frequently.  While I'm not
> saying AFS was the only thing is common, it is (was) part of my normal
> "customization" of a new machine.  The crashes have been so frequent -
> and random - that I've done yet another erase and install.  It's been >
> 4 days and the machine is still running - but I've not done a lick of
> customization.
>
> So... I'd like an answer to question #1 above.  It's time to add
> another variable to my machine's "crash equation", and it might as well
> be AFS.  Were it to crash, I'd like to get a traceback ... I've been
> trying to get a stable G5 for 6 weeks now.

I've not had any problems with any of my machines which aren't running
AFS since Panther was released - not a single panic.  Of the two
machines that we're testing out OpenAFS on, they have been panicing
several times a day.

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>