[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Many crashes on OS X 10.3

Aaron Rosenblum arosenbl@mac.com
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:38:23 -0500

The only time I have seen kernel panics with previous openAFS versions=20=

is where the user is making afs use a specific larger cache size, but=20
their machine does not have much physical ram.  You would have to=20
specify this in the afsd.options file.

In any case, you should report the Kernel Panics to Apple via their bug=20=

reporting mechanism.  Grab a free online ADC account (if you dont=20
already have one) and head over to bugreport.apple.com.

Aaron

FWIW: I have also been keeping general how-to documents on=20
AFS/Kerberos/and Mail.app/Mulberry on my site. Some of it is umich site=20=

specific, but I attempt to put into perspective different choices one=20
might make when deciding how to set up these various things.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~arosenbl/AFS103.html
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kerb103.html

On Nov 10, 2003, at 10:09 AM, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:

> --On Sonntag, 9. November 2003 17:25 Uhr -0500 Steve Lidie=20
> <sol0@Lehigh.EDU> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 8, 2003, at 1:35 AM, Nicholas Riley wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I see other people using OpenAFS on OS X 10.3, and all we've had=20
>>> since
>>> installing it has been continuous panics, to the point we're about =
>>> downgrade our lab to 10.2.8 again until there's a functional AFS
>>> client available.
>
> FWIW: I'm running the official OpenAFS 1.2.10a on two G4 Macs with=20
> Panther and haven't had a single crash ...
>
> Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
> --
> Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Geb=E4ude 52), Zimmer 18
> Zentrum f=FCr angewandte Informatik - Universit=E4tsweiter Service =
RRZK