[OpenAFS-port-darwin] multi-homed ip addresses

RD Schaffer R.D.Schaffer@cern.ch
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:43:46 +0100

Hi there,

   I have a mac portable and have been using Arla afs for about 1 year.
I have now upgraded to Panther and openAFS 1.2.10. Everything works
fine - I have started afs at my work/lab without any problems. I am now
at home and have only put my portable to sleep in transport. At first
working from home I have no problems and can see the normal afs disks
that I work with. Then after a number of minutes I get the message:

afs: Lost contact with file server 137.138.174.72 in cell cern.ch (all
multi-homed ip addresses down for the server)

Then apparently I am no longer able to cache new files/dirs. All
operations time out and some servers give the above message.

For the past year I was working in exactly this mode with Arla with no
problems. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get openAFS to be
"location-independent", and what is really going on?

		thanks, RD Schaffer

Email:    R.D.Schaffer@cern.ch
Address:  LAL BAT 200        tel(Orsay): 33-1 64 46 8378
                   BP 34                     tel(cern) : 41-22 76 71267
                  91898 ORSAY
                  France