[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Panther, OpenAFS 1.2.10a and "inherited" tokens

Tim C. tim@umbc.edu
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:23:04 -0500 (EST)

> I don't have set up my system for integrated login for various reasons. S=
> in order to get a token I usually run klog manually in a Terminal window.
> Under Jaguar that would be enough to have all my GUI apps inherit that
> token. I don't know if it's a change in 1.2.10a or in the OS, but now tha=
> doesn't work anymore. I guess that the processes now have separate PAGs. =
In
> principle I suppose that's a good thing. I've managed to have GUI apps ge=
> a token by running "open" from a shell with token, but that's not really
> ideal.

  I'm curious how you're seeing this behavior?  I have 10.3 with the
openafs 1.2.10a, and I can open up a terminal window and run klog, and
all my mac apps have tokens.

Tim