[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Is this an OSX or an OpenAFS problem

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Fri, 02 Apr 2004 20:55:05 -0500

--On Friday, April 02, 2004 15:30:28 -0800 "Henry B. Hotz"
<hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> We have a checkpointing facility implemented with mmap().  It works
> correctly on all platforms, including OSX, unless it's done on OSX in
> AFS.  Even there it works except that garbage is appended to (I assume)
> the next page boundary.  We're working around it by truncating the file
> after the checkpoint.
It seems that it's the pageout routine's job to trim the size of the write
it does so that it does not extend the file.

>  I'm not sure if this is a Darwin or an OpenAFS issue.
It's an openafs issue. I've submitted a patch to openafs. hopefully it is
correct.

http://grand.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=3870