[OpenAFS-port-darwin] obtaining AFS tokens for SSH logins

Keith Johnston keith@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:44:37 +1200

Hi
	I am trying to get afs tokens for users who ssh into an OS X box
running OS X10.3.3. I can obtain afs tokens and kerberos tickets
logging into the box normally at login but not when I ssh into the same
box.
	I found Bil Hays'  web page http://www.ibiblio.org/macsupport/sshd/
for using PAM and downloaded the 10.3 version of pam_afs.so.1 and
followed the advice on that page, however  although I can connect  the
connection time is several seconds longer than without the PAM and I do
not get any afs tokens at login. I can obtain tokens with kinit and my
password.
	I have had a bit of a play with sshd_config settings and achieved
nothing useful having tried enabling various options. We are only using
ssh2 and kerberos 5 here.
	Is there some trick I am missing, if so could someone enlighten me or
point me to the right place to get the answers I need.
	Thanks in advance
Keith

Keith Johnston									xtn: 87977
Computer Support
Computer Science Department					Rm 395

	This email is brought to you by the letters OS X and the number 10