[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: OS X hangs when accessing files

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:13:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Systems Administration wrote:

> Thanks Derrick, this appears to have fixed it.  So far *knock* *knock* its
> working.  Will stress test it today with a load of writes and reads to the
> server and report back.
>
> I was able to grab the tarball over AFS from the affected G4 - so the mac
> client was not completely fscked,

Yeah, that's expected. The process which did the "bad" operation ends up
deadlocked, and the client otherwise continues on like normal.

> I did note that one reason for hangs on the
> client side is that the OS X Finder does not appear to properly handle the
> anonymous browse state when anonymous has no 'system:anyuser' permissions.

Elaborate on this. If you get tickets, does it stop hanging?