[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: OS X hangs when accessing files

Systems Administration sysadmin@contrailservices.com
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:48:15 -0600

Thanks Derrick, this appears to have fixed it.  So far *knock* *knock*
its working.  Will stress test it today with a load of writes and reads
to the server and report back.

I was able to grab the tarball over AFS from the affected G4 - so the
mac client was not completely fscked, I did note that one reason for
hangs on the client side is that the OS X Finder does not appear to
properly handle the anonymous browse state when anonymous has no
'system:anyuser' permissions.  If an aklog ticket exists there is no
hang for the same location in the GUI.  This does not appear to be an
AFS issue since a terminal shell correctly fails to 'ls' the directory
with a 'permission denied' error.

Ted