[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: anyone want to work on the installer?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:09:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, David Botsch wrote:

> In the custom installer we made, the gui config utility (included as a
> binary, which, I believe, was the intention here) is only run from the
> postinstall, not the postupgrade (so that upgrades keep the same settings as
> before).
>
> In our case, the install instructions say something like, "when you see the
> screen prompting you for a cell name, type in "msc.cornell.edu" and then
> click NEXT"

if you're mucking with the instructions, why not instead just pick a cell
name for them?

in a case where you *can* have a localized installer, you should: it makes
your users' lives easier.