[OpenAFS-port-darwin] anyone want to work on the installer?

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:20:49 -0400

I'm willing to modify my gui config utility to do something like that
with the options (at present, it just presents a box where one types in
the options and that text is copied into the afsd.options file).

I can see two scenarios, actually:
1. put each option in with a check to enable or disable (and a box
afterwards to specify things like -volumes 70 or whatever)
2. have basically 3 checkboxes
	a. desktop use
	b. laptop use
	c. dynamic root

the difference between a and b being the use of -nomount

I would also argue the startup script should be modified for laptops
(we do this here) so that afs always starts regardless of whether or
not the network is up. With -nomount, afs won't freeze the computer
upon login. And, once a valid network connection is setup, a user can
just run the commandline or gui MountAFS (gui available from our
website ... and the gui does work under Jaguar and Panther) to get to
afs (plus use the gui to get afs tokens - also works under jaguar and
panther).